The Museo Nacional de Bellas Artes (MNBA) is one of the main centers for the dissemination of visual arts in Chile. Founded on September 18, 1880, under the name National Museum of Paintings, is the first Latin American art. Since 1910 he has occupied a building in the area of Forest Park, in the municipality of Santiago. The Palacio de Bellas Artes, designed by Chilean architect Emile Jéquier and built to commemorate the centenary of the country, was named historical monument in 1976.
The museum has an artistic heritage consists of more than 3000 pieces, acquired through purchases, donations and prizes official salons. It has the selection of the country's largest Chilean sculpture and the second collection of national painting fuller of the nation after the House of Art. The surviving works of the museum include the artistic production of the country since colonial times also retains cores universal art, highlighting the collections of Italian, Spanish and Flemish paintings, collection of printed collections drawings and photographs, and a collection of African sculptures